On November 30, 14 we received a domain registration scam email. Please be aware that these are completely illegitimate and require NO action or payment on your part.
Here are a few tips to protect yourself and your domains:.
- If registering domains yourself, always keep your registrars login information in a safe place. Don’t give it to anyone that you don’t know or trust.
- Only deal with well-known domain registrars. We primarily use Domainsatcost.ca for all .ca domains. Godaddy.com is our preferred registrar for most other domains.
- Don’t be tempted to transfer your domains to another individual or registrar unless you are certain that you want to do so. Once a domain has been transferred to someone else, you could have a very hard time getting it back.
- If you can’t remember who your domain registrar is, do a WHOIS search to find out.
- Let Silver Barrel Solutions manage your domains for you. We will never solicit you in this fashion and we only deal with appropriate domain registrars that we have a long relationship with. We’ll keep track of all your renewal dates so you don’t need to worry and we’ll deal with all DNS configuration
- Any invoice for domain renewals for a domain that Silver Barrel Solutions is managing on your behalf will always come directly from us, on our standard Silver Barrel Solutions Invoice.
- If you are in doubt about the legitimacy of any invoice or renewal notification please do not hesitate to contact us. We’d be happy to clear up any confusion.
Domain names are an integral part of our business or personal identity these days. Ensure that you take the appropriate precautions to protect your investment! See other scam domain registration requests here.
Sample of bogus domain registration solicitation: